Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Challenging Doctrines

Hello,

I think I found my next recipe. I used to love checking up on Bake or Break, which features tons of delicious desserts. Then the Bake or Break lady got a full-time job and stopped updating. What a bummer.

Actually one of the only things I actually made off her site previously was her peanut butter and jam bars, and I ended up eating almost the entire pan myself (a tired cliche I know). They were delicious, but insanely rich. Bascially peanut butter, sugar, and jam (and then some butter and sugar for good measure). Some people like a little less fat, perhaps a little less sugar, in their baked goods. Guess my family is made up of some of those people. Go figure.

Anywas, suffice to say this Bake or Break lady's recipes tend to run a little rich. And what she calls 'muffins' often don't jibe well with my philosphy (see: her Chocolate-Chip 'Muffins' - quotes courtsey of moi). What is my philosophy, you ask? Pretty simple: I'm making muffins here, not cupcakes. Not hand-held bread for giants. Just regular sized muffins.

Anyways, long story short - Bake or Break is back, and herRaspberry Cream Cheese Buns may challenge philosophy, but deliciously so. And who doesn't love a challange?




No comments:

Post a Comment